What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Where will you go when you die?

I watched the movie "My Sister's Keeper" this afternoon. I really enjoyed it - great if you need a good cry. LOL What was more sad than watching a child die from cancer was the conversation she and her younger sister had about "where she was going" after she died. She didn't know, but she hoped she would see her boyfriend who had already died from cancer. The expression on her face lead you to believe she thought it would be better than what she was going through on earth.
Whenever I watch a movie like that I first think about having to say good-bye to one of my children. I don't want to imagine that and my heart goes out to all who have walked that path. As hard as that would be a much worse thought is what it would be like to say good-bye and have no hope about his or her destination.

I am so thankful that both Jeremiah and Maiesha have prayed for salvation and "ask Jesus into their hearts" as we say. On Martin Luther King Jr Day in 2009 Jeremiah prayed while we were eating lunch. It was so sweet to have the opportunity to lead him through the most important prayer he will ever pray. A great weight was lifted from my shoulders that day as I thought about his eternal place in heaven with Jesus.

Another burden was lifted on May 14, 2011 when Maiesha prayed to ask Jesus to be her savior. Jeremiah helped lead Maiesha into her decision. We were reading the Bible story about Jesus ascending into heaven.

I continue to pray for Lydia's salvation in God's perfect time as I have prayed for all my children from the beginning of each pregnancy. It is so wonderful to see then growing in faith and to pray for the Holy Spirit to direct their path each day. God is already using them in mighty ways.

I know when Lydia asks her big brother or big sister where they are going when they die they can say with confidence and certainty it is better than anything they could possibly imagine. They go to live forever with Jesus in heaven.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment