What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Friday, October 14, 2011

A sequence of events

Have you ever taken a moment to think back over the sequence of events that lead you to the place you are at that moment. I have started to do this more often and it is amazing how the most insignificant (or so it seems) decisions have a profound impact on life.

I am an early morning walker - just Buford and me. It is my prayer time and the only time of day I know my family does not need me. I really value this time. Since we moved to Fayetteville I walk around campus across the street from our house. It became a regular occurrance that I walked past the same woman as I passed behind the track & field stadium. We started to say good morning after a couple passings. It was a little comical to us that we were on the same schedule.

One Sunday morning in September we were visiting Fellowship Bible Church in Rogers (30 min north) and that same woman I walked by in the mornings was standing next to us checking her son into his class while we checked Jeremiah into his. She recognized me first, said hello and we confirmed that we knew one another. She was very kind and helpful in showing us "the ropes" since it was her home chuch. We exchanged phone numbers after the service and she asked if she could pass my number along to some friends in Fayetteville.

The next Friday I received a phone call from another woman who received my number from my "walking friend". She invited our family to her church and also invited me to a Ladies' Tea Party the next day at the church. I went and we have been attending that church since then for about a month.

All of this from my decision to faithfully walk in the mornings. I had been praying that God would direct us to the church he had for us. He knew about my morning walks. He knew about our visits to a church 30 minutes out of town (which btw...an elder at our church in Evansville told us about and we met him in a class we decided to take for 6 weeks after Lydia was born.)

See what I mean...everything we do, every decision we make has a domino effect in our lives. So how incredibly important is it that we stay tuned in to God's will and purpose for our lives!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment