What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Monday, October 3, 2011

He Breathed Life into Me

I don't think I respond correctly to the majesty of God most days. Sure I have moments and time where I marvel at what he has created. At what he has done in my life. That's easy to do with a new baby as she reaches her "firsts". Sadly, more times I worry about my children, consider what others think, stew about our finances, or spend time trying to smooth this wrinkle on my forehead. On my worst days, I respond out of angry not love, eat junk food because I "earned it", or I ignore the needs of my husband. I could go on and on beating myself up, but that is what satan wants me to do so I lose sight of my Savior.

I am constantly telling the kids, the Bible says you are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14). When Jeremiah asked about the color of his skin. When Maiesha says she wants straight hair instead of curly. When they make bad choices or disobey. Do I stop and listen to God saying that to me and respond in a way that brings him glory?

While teaching children's church back at CFC I learned something profound that revolutionized the way I see my relationship with God. As we worked through the creation account, we saw that God spoke the world into being. The day and the night. The sun, moon and stars. The land and sea. The plants and animals. When we got to the creation of Man it says in Genesis 1:27, " So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." Then in Genesis 2:7 it says, "Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

So I am created in the image of the Living God, and for me to have life he breathed His own breath into me. Now that is a reason to move over and let Him lead. If I think about God as my pro dance partner on Dancing with the Stars, I must keep my eyes on him so I stay on the beat. I must melt into his arms as we spin and turn around the dance floor so we are one with each step. I must listen for his instruction so I know when and where to step. He is the pro and I am the student.

So venture over to YouTube.com as I am doing right now and search for one of my favorite old hymn, "How Great Thou Art" and worship the creator who breathed life into Man so he could have a relationship with each of us through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment