What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

He must become greater;...

...I must become less. John 3:30 This verse was part of the sermon this morning. How do I become more of Jesus and less of myself in my marriage?

This week was a difficult one in our house. I assume every married couple has those. It is really easy to get focused on all the flaws and shortcomings of your spouse and see how every problem is some how his fault. But if Jesus is becoming greater and I less this perspective seems very worldly and just plain wrong. We spend too much time in this life trying to figure out "whose fault it is?" or "who is to blame?"

This morning I was reminded I must take responsibility for my daily walk and not point the finger elsewhere. If I am becoming more of Jesus and less of me, I focus on how I can be the wife God created me to be regardless if Tyrone puts his socks in the dirty clothes or leaves them on the living room floor. I focus on being the woman described in Proverbs 31:10-31.

"A wife of noble character who can find?    She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
...
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
...
So back to the how do I put this into practice? I daily pray Psalm 25:4-5, "4 Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths. 5 Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long. " Then I have to keep my eyes on Him, my mind on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment