What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Sun and the Moon

I was out walking with Maiesha, Lydia and our dog Buford tonight when Maiesha said she could see a star. It was light enough that only a couple were visible, but the half moon was shining bright. I started to explain to her how the moon reflects the sun's light so we can see in the dark of night. I realized what a great analogy that could be for us and Jesus.

Jesus is the sun. He is always shining! Thank goodness. We are the moon. We are created to reflect the Son's light in the darkness of this world. Sometimes we are turned in such a way that we only appear as 3-quarters, half, or just a sliver. On some occassions we have a total lunar eclipse and His light cannot be seen in us at all.

John 8:12 says, "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

I pray that I reflect His light in this dark world each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment