What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Do not conform

As often happens at our house, Tyrone and I were having a discussion of a political nature this morning. We are very similar in our political views, but have some fairly minor differences in how we see things should work. One things we strongly agree on is that as Christians - people who desire to look more and more like Jesus in the way we live - we should never allow political views to shape our Biblical ideas, but rather use the Bible to shape our view of this world. John 17:17 says, "...your word is truth." Why would I form my opinions on anything else.

Well, back to the conversation we were having this morning. Tyrone and I do disagree on how much media we should take in to "keep up" on the happenings in our country and the world. He likes to be informed via news programs and internet articles. I prefer to remain mostly uninformed because most of what I see and hear brings fear and frustration about the world we live in and I know those things are not from God.

Romans 12:1-2 says, "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."

So what is the pattern of this world that I get caught up in? How do I renew my mind? Oh to be able to test and approve what God's will is for my life. It is no mystery! I find the answers I seek by reading God's Word. I read the 'final instructions' in 1 Thessalonians 5:12-17 talking about how to treat people and wraps up with 16-17 saying, "16 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

There it is. I don't have to fear or get frustrated by the world, by other Christians, by politics. I just focus my time and energy toward prayer and God's Word and my direction will be clear. It can be just that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment