What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Take a Moment


This week has been a good one. It has not been without it challenges though. I realized that I was so anxious to get the new school year started that I overlooked the transition that we must go through to get everyone settled into the new routine. Now that my expectations are more realistic I have been able to relax a little and be a better mom. Before I came to my senses, I snapped a couple times about some behavior issues Jeremiah is having and was a little insensitive toward Maiesha.

While I was doing my Insanity workout Tuesday morning, the Holy Spirit brought to mind that I had plenty of time to surprise Jeremiah and Maiesha for lunch at school. They were so excited to see Lydia and I waiting for them in the hallway. It was such a special moment to remind them that I want to and enjoy spending time with them. It was great to sit with them and ask about their day. They really liked “showing off” their baby sister too as we walked each of them back to class.

God has been working this week to show me simple ways I can make a huge difference in my children’s lives. They just need my love and attention. It doesn’t take a big production. I do need to be intentional, but it is really simple. A few minutes snuggling on the couch. Sitting together to watch a TV show or movie they really like. Staying after school to play on the playground. A few minutes pushing Lydia on the swing at church when I am working. Those moments make the biggest difference.

These moments make a difference in our marriage too. Tyrone and I have to be very intentional now as we reconnect and rebuild our relationship. It comes down to thinking of my spouse before myself. It’s not conditional though. I can’t do these things with an expectations that they will be returned. I do them in an act of obedience to God and an expression of my love for my husband. I know I have fallen short of being the wife God wants me to be. Now I must invest my time and energy to make my marriage a priority. Our first dance song from our wedding was “Endless Love” by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross. Last night, after watching one of our favorite shows together, I pulled up “our song” on YouTube and we danced to it in our living room. We need to dance more. Everyday perhaps. A few minutes to hold each other, looking into each other’s eyes, and remembering the day we committed our lives to each other.

"Endless Love"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmd658QnX5Y

No comments:

Post a Comment