What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Miracles happen!

God performed a miracle in house last weekend. And it came out of complete brokenness and acknowledging that we are poor and needy people - needy of the grace and compassion of our loving God.

Last Thursday night we hit probably the lowest point in our marriage. There was nothing left that we could do in our own strength. We were powerless except for the incomparable presence of the Holy Spirit. Through an urgent phone call to Tyrone's mom, He led us to some scripture that came alive in those desperate moments. Scripture that revealed the lies and destortions in our minds - that exposed satan's plot to destroy our marriage. We read them out loud. We read them over and over. We claimed the words of God. These verses became our weapons in a spiritual battle that raged all around us. I could visualize the angels and demons battling over head in our room for this marriage and our family.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:11-13 NIV)

We claimed these verses in victory over the lies that we deserve to be punished for past sins and failures. That is not from God! He has a plan to give our family a hope and a future.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV)

We claimed these verses in victory over our fleshly desire to understand our circumstances when we need ONLY trust in God with our whole heart and stop relying on our limited view of His greater plan and purpose for our marriage.

We read Psalm 35, 37, and 70 where David is crying out to God to rescue him from his enemies and find "The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. The Lord helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him." (Psalm 37:39-40 NIV)

The verse that has become my new favorite and one that I am clinging to is Psalm 70:5. "Yet I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay."

That is where the miracle took place. In the acknowledgement that we could not figure all of our issues out, we discovered our desperate need for God. In him we have found forgiveness and a new beginning. We are rediscovering friendship and fun together. We are rekindling passion and intimacy. We have failed in our own attempts to "fix" ourselves. We see that our flesh is weak and the power of sin is real and present in our lives.

BUT...

The power of Christ in us is far greater!

The power of the cross and the resurrection demolished sin!

Christ declared, "... In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33) Not I will overcome, but I have already. And for this reason we are moving toward the life - the hope and the future - that God has planned for us!

"Take my life/Holiness" by Scott Underwood http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHeEytocJVY

No comments:

Post a Comment