What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Help Comes from the Lord

Happy New Year! Last Saturday we went to my brother's church while we were in Ohio visiting. It was New Year's Eve and it was a celebration service, but also a service about new beginnings. Letting go of the past and pressing on to what God has for each of us in 2012. I was wrestling with God about that day. I have come to appreciate those days when I wrestle with him because I know he is teaching me something. It is difficult and often painful, but also comforting that I can come to him with anything.

Along with a lot of great scripture from the pastors of the church, God gave me a song that night to remind me of his goodness and faithfulness. Check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb4VvNq8WEM  It comes from Psalm 121.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

I need not fear anything. The song says "Trouble surrounds me. Caos abounding. My soul will rest in You." Each morning I rise trouble it waiting for me through satan's attacks and my own flesh. Caos begins in the kitchen when the kids don't eat breakfast fast enough and we get out of the house late. How will I respond though? Will I rest and trust that "God's got this" or will I thrive in the caos and allow it to rule my day. No! I am claiming God's help today for all of 2012 that whatever comes my way "My help comes from the Lord."

Lydia took her first steps two days ago. It was so exciting. We celebrated like we had won the lottery. What an incredible milestone in a child's life. Learing to walk requires a lot of help. There is a lot of falling and stumbling. Each time she falls she lifts her eyes up to find us and reaches out for our hand to help her up again. At some point she gives up because it is easier to crawl. She doesn't know yet that walking will get her where she needs to go. I hope we can teach all of our kids to lift their eyes up and reach for the outstretched arms of Jesus each time they stumble and fall no matter how big or small the fall may be. Not by our words, but by our response to Him, and just when we think it would be easier to crawl, we will see the faithfulness and love of our Savior there to pull us up again.

I was reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan last night. In chapter 3 he writes, "His being is utterly complete and perfect, apart from humanity. He  doesn't need me or you. Yet He wants us, chooses us, even considers us His inheritance (Eph 1:18). The greatest knowledge we can ever have is knowing God treasures us...The irony is that while God doesn't need us but still wants us, we desperately need God but don't really want Him most of the time."

Why God - why do I think I can do this without YOU? Thank you for loving me beyond anything I can comprehend, but giving me examples and evidence of your love every moment. You created me to need you. I confess I need you, I need you most when I don't think I need you at all. I surrender my life to you again. Let your kingdom come and your will be done in me and through me today. Mold me, shape me, chisel away what is not from you. In the mighty, powerful, compassionate name of Jesus I pray, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Woman of God, Lynette, Holy Greetings to you in Jesus Our Lord. Just Now I have read your writings. Really they are wonderful.I Pray to God that HE may Use you in His Service until The Ends of The Earth.

    I am a Pastor from India.Please Pray for me and for Our Ministries.

    Dear Sister,If it is God's will, send an E.mail to me so that I can tell you about Our Ministries to you.

    In Christ Our Only Master

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will pray for you in India. I was not able to email you on the address connected to your user name. God's blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Woman of God and Sister Lynette, I am so thankful to you for your Prayers and your reply.

    This is my E.mail address csiminray@gmail.com

    If it is God's will,Please send an E.mail to me, so that I can write you about our Ministries in India.

    Your brother in Christ

    ReplyDelete