What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Born Again

On December 11, 2004 my niece Makayla was born. I remember holding her when she was just a couple weeks old. She was so precious. She was the first grandchild and received all of our attention that first Christmas. Last night I received a text message at 8:57pm to let me know that she was born again into the kingdom of God. Like I have done for my own children, I have been praying that as soon as she understands God's gift of salvation she would accept that gift and become my sister in Christ. As sweet as she was as a baby, this "rebirth" is so much sweeter. She has found eternal life in Jesus Christ. Her name is written in the Book of Life. My step-nephew Adryan prayed to receive Christ as well last night.  Little sister Gretchen was listening and I will continue to pray for her. My heart is overflowing this morning as I think about God's goodness and faithfulness.

Adryan has been in our family for a little over a year. Makayla turned 7 years old in December. In either case, that is a long time to pray for something not knowing when God will answer. Oh how it was worth the wait. Our family is rejoicing today. I know heaven is rejoicing too.

Waiting is so hard for me. It doesn't matter what I am waiting for either, it is always difficult. I am learning to allow the Spirit to work in me so PATIENCE will flow freely and I will trust God's perfect timing.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says, "16 Rejoice always; 17 pray without ceasing; 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." So I must keep going in the waiting. I must keep praying. I must celebrate and rest in who God is and his promises. As I look back over my adults life, I can see how God has answered my prayers. Sometimes I get an answer the same day. Some of them I had to pray for years. Some I continue to pray because I am still waiting for His answer.

When we went to Jeremiah's room to say prayers and get he and Maiesha to bed, I said, "Guess who will be in heaven with you. Someone prayed to ask Jesus into their hearts tonight." They were excited and began to guess. I told them it was their cousins Makayla and Adryan and they jumped up and down on the bed rejoicing for them.
Thank you, God, for the gift of our children. Thank you that you have adopted them into your family. Help me to be the mother and aunt you have designed me to be - the mother and aunt they each need. Help me to allow your Spirit full access so you can continue to complete your good work in me. Guide these young members of your kingdom that they will walk with you all their days. Help them to turn away from temptation and cling to you in all things. Give each of them a passion for pursuing an intimate relationship with you. In the name of Jesus, allow them to encounter you and your unconditional love every day of their lives. Amen

Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. 14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment