What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Where is Your Treasure?

It has been a very eventful 12 days since we closed on our house October 26. It seems like it was so long ago already. The walls are painted, the new hardwood floor is almost done, the new carpet smell in great in the bedrooms. We managed to get the "old" place cleaned out on halloween morning and last night was our first night alone in our new house. My parents arrived last Sunday to visit and help us get settled in. We said good-bye to them yesterday morning. We would still be staring at a ton of boxes and projects if they had not made the day and a half journey from northwest Ohio. It feels so wonderful to have our own home again.

While I was driving home one day last week a song came on the radio about how this earth is not our home and it really reminded me to keep an eternal perspective about this new house we have. God has blessed us tremendously with this house and all the upgrades we have done. It would be so easy to leave it at that and go on living life. However, I am claiming the verses in Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

My treasure is the shed blood of Jesus Christ for my sins. The salvation he freely offers because he gave his sinless life as randsome for me. The fact that He defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day. My treasure is knowing because he chose me I can live in heaven with HIM for all of eternity. So this house and all our stuff are just tools I can use to glorify Him. This house is an opportunity to minister to anyone who walks through the door. It is a means for me to invite people in to our lives in order to share the Good News with all who need a Savior.

With all the fun and excitement of having a new house, I must give it all back to God each day so he can use me, my family, this roof over our heads for His purpose and to His glory for as many days as he has ordained for us to live here. One day this will all pass away. I will stand before God and give an account of how I used the tools He gave me - how I responded to the oppurtunities He placed in from of me. I want to be able to say I used it to further Your Kingdom and share the grace and mercy that was given to me. I want to hear, "Well done good and faithful servant." (Matthew 25:23 - Parable of the Talents)

No comments:

Post a Comment