What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cleaning the Bathrooms

In order to help me stay on top of my housekeeping - since I dislike it so much - I created a weekly cleaning schedule when we moved to Fayetteville. I had done it once before when I was pregnant with Maiesha. It works very well for me, but it doesn't make cleaning any more fun. I especially loathe cleaning bathrooms on Tuesdays.

While I was cleaning the bathrooms yesterday - even more challenging now that we have 2.5 of them - I was reminded of obedience. I found the following definition on dictionary.com, "the act or practice of obeying; dutiful or submissive compliance". As part of my role as homemaker, it is my responsibility to keep our house clean. It is part of what makes our house a home. It protects us from diseases. It teaches our children good hygeine and makes it safe for Lydia to crawl on the floor. It is part of being good stewards of what God has given us.

So I am reminded of Colossians 3:23-24 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

And Jesus serves as the ultimate example of obedience and humility. As Paul describes in Philippians 2:5-10 "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus; Who being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place..."

Washing dishes, folding laundry, running the taxi service, or cooking dinner is an act of obedience to the "job" God has called me to. With that mindset, I can have joy even when I am cleaning the toilets.

No comments:

Post a Comment