What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Monday, November 14, 2011

He's an On Time God

I do believe God's timing is perfect. I just have a hard time acknowledging it sometimes when I don't get my way. I was reminded tonight that God does work through the giant traumatic events all the way down to the tiniest of details that we don't even notice to fullfill His plan and His purpose for our lives. I have seen Him do it in my life over and over in my marriage, my children, my work, Tyrone's work, etc. Often he is practical. In hindsight it usually looks ridiculously obvious and I feel silly for being so impatient. I have to confess my lack of faith. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness is steadfast and "His word is truth." John 17:17

At church tonight the featured speaker asked if we each know the vision God has for our lives. I did not raise my hand with an affirmative response. I have some ideas. I described it as being on the tip of my tongue. I feel it. I will know it when I see it. I am praying for it, but I can't put it into words yet. I need to keep praying - HARD. I need to dig into God's Word because I know he is speaking. I need to make sure I am listening intently. I must invest myself in this relationship I have with my Savior and my God.

I must be patient. I know right now God has called me to invest my time and energy into being a homemaker, a wife, a mother, a friend. He has given me some wonderful new relationships and continues to renew bonds with old friends. I know He is laying a foundation fo the vision He has for my life. I am excited and I get anxious all too often. Tonight we looked at Habakkuk 2:3 "For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

I have included a link to the Dottie Peoples song, "He's an on time God". God brought it to mind as I drove home tonight. He never fails. He always gives me a song. Part of the chorus says, "He may not come when you want him, but he'll be there right on time." How true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRgvYgOJK6g

Not only is God's timing perfect, but to quote our speaker, Amy, from earlier tonight "God's timing is always worth the wait."

No comments:

Post a Comment