What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A New Day that was not promised

A wonderful friend gave an analogy one day at our Bible study that I find so relevent to our move to Fayetteville. Allowing God to lead in our lives is like allowing a man to open two consecutive doors as we enter or exit a building. It is easy to let him hold the first door. You smile politely, say thank you and walk right through. The problem is you immediately come to the next set of doors and somehow feel obligated to "return the favor" and open that one yourself. Or perhaps you don't want to be a burden so you "do his job" just to help out. Why can't I just wait patiently and allow him to walk ahead of me and open the second door.

It was relatively easy to let God lead us to Fayetteville (or Evansville for that matter 4 years ago). That was the first door. Now I am in the process of walking through the second door - adjusting to our new life here - and it is so hard to wait for him to open that door. I want to barge right through on my own and have done so a number of time these first couple months.

The good news is I can stop and come back to Him every time and wait for Him to open the door or perhaps a window in the room I barged into. Isn't God's Grace amazing and so undeserved. I am sure am glad He gives it so freely!

Thanks for the analogy Andree!

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to be patient! It took us about 5 months before we even found CFC when we moved, but at least looking back it doesn't seem as long. Glad you are sharing!

    ReplyDelete