What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How we got to Fayetteville, AR

A little over a year ago we received word of a position at the U of A (as they say here) that would begin for the 2011-12 school year. We didn't think a lot about it, but I started praying immediately for God's direction. We were not looking to leave Evansville, but wanted to go where God wants us to be. Tyrone decided in December that he would apply for the job once it posted - if for no other reason than the experience.

He sent in his application in January and then forgot about it. I chose Psalm 24:4-5 as my theme verse for 2011. "Show me your ways, O Lord. Teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me. For you are God, my savior, and my hope is in you all day long." We started the spring semester at UE and I was due February 9 with baby girl Washington as she was known then. Lydia Amaru arrived early on January 31 and we were not thinking about Arkansas at all. By the end of February, Tyrone had a phone interview. It went very well and they called to arrange a campus visit. We decided that if we were really going to move to Arkansas, we should all visit to get a feel for the city.

Lydia was 5 1/2 weeks old. Jeremiah and Maiesha had to miss their first day of school for the year - I so wanted Jeremiah to have perfect attendance for kindergarten. We drove the 9 hours to NW Arkansas and Tyrone had a day and a half of meetings and interviews while the kids and I explored Fayetteville and campus.

Around about April 1 he signed a new contract with the University of Arkansas and the Washingtons were officially moving 14 hours away from family in both Ohio and South Carolina. We had a complete peace and agreement that this is where God wanted us to go. It was clear that God leads when we earnestly seek his will for our lives. It wasn't a loud voice. It wasn't a soft whisper. It was peace and certainty that can only come from him. Thanks to all those who prayed with us and for us and provided words of wisdom through the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment