What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Let's Make It Easy


What if we as Christians would just live like Jesus? What if we would stop expecting the fallen world to conform to our ways when we ourselves struggle to live by what the Bible teaches? What if we butted out of political agendas and just lived lives filled with the Spirit - compassionately pursuing the lost and hurting people in our communities? What is we stopped complaining about "church persecution" and actually lived like the early church in Acts where so many willingly gave their lives for the faith they professed?

What if we actually allowed the Living God of the Universe, the creator of our body, mind, soul and spirit, to be Lord in every area of our lives? Not hiding the dirty parts or pointing out others’ sin in order to cover up our own. What if churches in America stopped competing with one another over style and theology and just united in a desperate effort to reach people who are headed for eternal separation from God?

Acts 15 tells about a meeting of the church leaders to discuss what should be required of the Gentiles who were coming to faith in Jesus. Should they have to first become Jewish? Should the men have to be circumcised? Should they be made to follow the Law of Moses? Peter said in verses 7-9, 

“Brothers,” he said, “you know that some time ago God chose me to take the good news to those who aren’t Jews. He wanted them to hear the good news and believe. God knows the human heart. By giving the Holy Spirit to non-Jews, he showed that he accepted them. He did the same for them as he had done for us. He showed that there is no difference between us and them. He made their hearts pure because of their faith...”

A few verses later, James gives his opinion and says in verse 19, 

“Now here is my opinion. We should not make it hard for the non-Jews who are turning to God...”

I have been thinking a lot lately about how I am reflecting the Light of Jesus Christ to the non-believers in my life. Do I live in a way that demonstrates the peace and hope that I have in my Savior? Am I compassionate toward people who look and act different that I do? Do I extend Grace to those already condemned or do I continue to condemn them by ignoring them and complaining about “the way our culture is”? Do I make it easy for non-believers to find faith in Jesus Christ?

I NEVER want to compromise the truth of God’s word, but I don’t want to live without extending grace to lost people who need Jesus just as much as I do. I am broken and have sinned, but God called me out of my pit of despair to experience LIFE with him now and forever. I never want to accept or excuse sin, but I don’t want to cast down the sinner as someone who is beyond saving. 

“God did not send his Son into the world to judge the world. He sent his Son to save the world through him.” John 3:17 NIrV)

Lord Jesus, help me to have a heart of compassion and a heart for your Truth. Help me to be like Jesus and live to share his saving grace and not condemn those who already stand condemned. Show me how to trust you in the everyday things of life so I can trust you when the trials and challenges come. So that when I face opportunities to proclaim your name, I will not fear awkward moments, ridicule, and even persecution. May I count it all joy when I get to suffer like Christ. Thank you Lord for loving me and saving me. Thank you for your faithfulness and gentle guidance especially when I mess up - as I often do.

May you be glorified through my life! Amen

"You Are" by Colton Dixon  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM8hxE-j4T8

No comments:

Post a Comment