What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Well done

"Live Like That" by Sidewalk Prophets http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwZsywhXDg8

We have some very dear friends, Roger and Cheryl, who came into our lives about 9 years ago. We were attending the same church in Columbia, SC and they felt God's call to begin a young married small group. We had been married just over a year and they asked us to participate. It was an answer to prayer. Tyrone had just stopped going to church, which would last 2 years, but he was willing to be a part of this group. We were a part of the group until we moved to Evansville, IN in 2007. By then we were more like the young family group, but Tyrone and I had become great friends with Roger and Cheryl.

Now, 5 years since we left Columbia, I still consider Cheryl one of my best friends and my spiritual advisor. Likewise, Roger is quite possibly the only man Tyrone has ever connected with on a deep, spiritual level and trusts completely. They enjoy hanging out and confiding in one another. God placed them in our lives at a very tough time in our marriage and I think in a lot of ways their guidance helped keep up together and growing in our faith. I am eternally in debt to their willingness to reach out to us. The funny thing about our relationship is that both Roger and Cheryl are older than our parents. Their oldest daughter is 2 weeks older than me. (They have 5 amazing daughters.) We have never once thought of them as "old" or "out of touch" or any other labels our generation might put on the previous one. They are just friends - our brother and sister in Christ.

When I need advice I can and do call or email Cheryl. She has wonderful insight and encouragement. I know she will provide godly counsel. The guys don't talk much, but I will chalk that up to them just being guys. When we visit them in the summer, however, they always spend some quality guy time together which I just love. We feel a part of their family - like another aunt and uncle for our children.

I have heard the song "Live Like That" by Sidewalk Prophets at least 5 times this week. It reminds me of Roger and Cheryl. They have provided a wonderful example to us over the years. They are living for the Lord allowing him to lead in all areas of their lives. If it were not for their obedience to ask us to join the young married small group, I don't know where we would be today. They have served the Lord in the United States and around the world. Always willing to go where God wants to send them. Whether it is to a neighbor's house a local prison or another continent, they are prepared to go.

I wanna live like that...being obediene to God's purpose for my life so others will see HIM living through me. Matthew 25:14-30 TNIV is the Parable of the Servants. The servants who were given 5 and 2 bags of gold to invest went out and doubled it. The master was pleased and gave them greater responsibilities and invited them to share in his happiness. The servant who was given 1 bag of gold to invest hid it instead and never made anything more with it. It says he gave it back when the master returned. The master was not pleased so he took the silver from the servant and sent him away.

God has given me so many abilities, talents, and gifts. I am learning how to invest those "treasures" to further his kingdom by encouraging other believers and leading non-believers to salvation in Christ Jesus. Just as the Master said to his servants in verses 21 and 23, I want to hear my Lord say "Well done good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!" when I meet him in heaven one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment