What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ahhhh...Refreshing

I thought it was time to give an update on what we have been up to with our adopted family, or rather what God has been up to in us as a result of the time and resources we are investing. After we returned from our trip to South Carolina we jumped back in with a trip to the library the very next day. The month of June has been challenging to say the least. We are learning how to trust God more and more as we continue to pray and seek his direction for our involvement with this family. We continue to provide a meal every Friday and do other things during the week as we are able. We get down and weary. We get frustrated. If I am being completely honest, we want to rewind time and just forget it sometimes . It seems that when I get in one of these very low moments, that is when God really shows up to confirm that we are doing just what he wants us to do. Obeying isn't always fun. It certainly isn't easy, but it is worth it because He is making a difference even when we don't see it.

I hosted my month "Lunch at Lynette's" on June 12. A friend, Randi and her boys, from our church came for the first time. Our adopted mom, Kema and her kids, Abby and Sam, were here too. They were the last two families here. Randi and Kema were visiting together while I was picking up toys and checking on the kids. Before I know it, Randi is sitting with Kema praying with her. Out of those moments a community outreach project was born and Randi and her family brought Kema and her kids to church for the first time the next Sunday. God is AWESOME!

Last week I took Jeremiah and Maiesha to Vacation Bible School at a local church downtown. We invited Abby to join us and we ended up "doing life" witih them all week. I think we over extended ourselves a little, but God came through for us. The theme Bible verse for VBS was from Mark 10:27 "Everything is possible with God." How appropriate and certainly not by accident. Lydia and I would stay to listen to the opening songs most days and it almost brought me to tears. God had a message for me at VBS too.

Fly! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATsYrLG3Z9s&feature=relmfu

He provided wonderful encouragement from the prayers of dear friends that week. Heidi and Randi both had time to talk and pray over the phone with me which was like a huge breath of fresh air. Tyrone's Aunt Princetta emailed a few week ago after reading about what we are doing. She emailed again last week to say she was sending a "small donation" to help us out. Yesterday her "not small to us" donation arrived and we were able to get a lot of groceries and household items for the family. Our wonderful friend's Anne and Ryan did the same thing back in May. All together people from NW Arkansas, Ohio and Alabama have partnered with us in giving $530 in donations to provide clothing, a date, groceries, and household items that we can give all throughout the summer. God is making a difference even if I can't see it in the immediate way I want each day.

He is blessing us all over the place. With great friends who took care of the kids last week so we could have a date night. With sweet ladies at church who are going to thoroughly clean for me as I begin my new job as Children's Ministry Director next month.  Tyrone was awarded his first grant at work and has an awesome lead on another one. It just goes on and on. Great new friends who come over to have lunch. And others who want to start a "Taco Night" tradition with us. I am overwhelmed!

Palm 32:10 says "Many sorrows come to the wicked, but unfailing love surrounds those who trust the Lord."

This is another VBS song about trusting in God. No coincidence.
You, You, You http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw9KSFFifkE

I feel completely surrounded by His unfailing love. It is so encouraging to be lifted up by the thoughts and prayers of others. I hope we can continue to inspire people to get involved with us or in their own communities. This family can't understand, yet, why we would want to help them. They say we don't have to. They say they will survive. I say this is about obeying and trusting God. I say God doesn't want people to just survive. He wants they to enjoy Life in Him to the fullest. How can I ignore that? How can I ignore Him?

The following is Psam 68:1-10. I found it this morning. I think it serves as a wonderful prayer over our adopted family, my family, and all those who have or will come along for the journey. Verse 9 is especially sweet to me. God has sent abundant rain to refresh my wear land and I trust that he will continue to do so as long as I am allowing Him to lead.

Rise up, O God, and scatter your enemies.
Let those who hate God run for their lives.
2 Blow them away like smoke.
Melt them like wax in a fire.
Let the wicked perish in the presence of God.
3 But let the godly rejoice.
Let them be glad in God’s presence.
Let them be filled with joy.
4 Sing praises to God and to his name!
Sing loud praises to him who rides the clouds.
His name is the Lord
rejoice in his presence!
5 Father to the fatherless, defender of widows—
this is God, whose dwelling is holy.
6 God places the lonely in families;
he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy.
But he makes the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.

7 O God, when you led your people out from Egypt,
when you marched through the dry wasteland,
Interlude
8 the earth trembled, and the heavens poured down rain
before you, the God of Sinai,
before God, the God of Israel.
9 You sent abundant rain, O God,
to refresh the weary land.10 There your people finally settled,
and with a bountiful harvest, O God,
you provided for your needy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment