What if...

What if...

...I allowed God to lead me in all my decisions? What would each day look like? How would I feel physically, emotionally, spiritually? Would that change the way my children behave? How would my husband respond to a wife that is living in the center of God's will?

I am starting to figure that out and hope to share stories that evidence God's lead in my life.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Cup is Running Over

It has been a very busy, but awesome week so far. On top of that I am recooperating from oral surgery that I had last Friday. Tyrone is wrapping up his first academic year at UA. His college had a family picnic that same night to celebrate the end of the year. More opportunities present themselves as to how we can meet the needs of our Leverett Elementary community. Yesterday was my monthly Lunch at Lynette's and our house was full of 14 moms and 21 kiddos have a wonderful time of food, fellowship and fun. Tyrone and I had a date swap last night. The Anderson family hung out with our kids while we went on a date and we will do the same for them Saturday so they can have a date.

I am overflowing with blessings and joy. On top of all of that, Monday I was offered and accepted the position of Children's Ministry Director at our church. I have been excited about jobs in the past, but this one is very different. Like most of all the jobs I have had, I didn't go looking for it. I was not "job hunting". It came to me. I have had quite a few part-time jobs that I really enjoyed. I know God directed me and worked through me in those jobs, but again, this one is different.

At the point we knew God was moving us to Fayetteville, I knew he wanted me to be home full time to help the kids transition and give Tyrone the time he needed to settle into his new job. He also wanted my undivided attention to work on a few of my hang-ups. This year has been very challenging, but also very rewarding and full of awesome stories of God's faithfulness. I have cried tears of sorrow and of joy. I have wrestled with God about tough decisions. I have fought against my flesh. I have done a ton of things with family and new friends that would never have come to mind or come to be had I not devoted this year to being "just wife and mom".

We have been volunteering once a month in the Greenhouse - the chidren's program - at our church. Tyrone and I teach in the preschool classroom and have lots of fun doing that. We learned in the winter months that the director was stepping down. I had no thoughts at that time about the job. I have done the job before and didn't think I would ever step back into that kind of role. As we have continued to learn about serving and plugging in where God has planted us, the thought crossed my mind that a new director had not been hired and perhaps this was an area where I should be serving. I learned through our new member classes last fall that I have the spiritual gifts of administration and hospitality. I also knew from my coaching and teaching experience I have the skill set to do the job. I asked Tyrone if it was ok for me to inquire about the position. Long story short, I asked, went through the interview process, and will begin my new part-time job around the first of August.  Exactly one year after our move to Fayetteville.

This job is different because I believe it has come as a result of obedience and therefore God's blessing. He has been training me, molded me, sanding the rough edges for this perfect time that I would  hear his voice and move into a job that he has equipped me to do. This first year in Fayetteville has taught me so many things and brought me into a deeper relationship with my Savior. I have learned how to listen and pray. I have learned how to invest more in my family and others. I have learned how to pray and better support my husband. I have learned "to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ" (Ephesians 3:18NIV).


In Philippians 1:6 Paul says, "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." I am walking into this new job with the utmost confidence and assurance - not in my own abilities, but in knowing this is part of the master plan God has for me and ,without a doubt, he will complete the work he has started. I

No comments:

Post a Comment